Monday 26 September 2011

Homebrew and bump news

So, in these straitened times, I've taken to producing my own ale. The fermentation kit remained untouched in the front room till a couple of weeks ago, when I finally plucked up the courage to get brewing.

After three days of fermentation, the hose came out and I started filling up the empty pop bottles stored for such an occasion. The result is a shelf of bottles full of an ominous dark brown liquid akin to Guiness. The stuff is supposed to clear in two weeks, but I have my doubts.

Right now, it's heavy, intoxicating (had to sample it, of course!) and so thick you could probably cut it with a knife.... I await with excitement to see how it turns out, but right now it's so potent it could probably be used for clearing out drains...

With regards to the second part of the post title today, yeah you read that right. "Bump". E is with child, and a very active little creature it is. Gender scan was on Friday, and if all goes to plan, we'll be bringing a girl into the world come early Spring next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment