Friday 9 December 2011

What? What? What?

Today, it seems, youtube is the my main source of what The Kids are down with. During my idle moments I browse the video titles: Bieber, Skyrim, X-Factor, ...blah-de-blah-de-blah. Its all the same stodgy, insipid nonsense which has all the interest to as a cool bowl of porridge.

Recently I was checking out some South Park movie clips. I'll admit it, that film really appealed to the smutty 15 year old in me who I was trying so hard to repress at the time. The songs mix the basest toilet humour with melodies that Cole Porter would be proud of - catchy stuff.

Anyway, one of the tunes is sung by 'Butters': a blond haired kid who served as a Kenny replacement (or something like that?). He becomes a big star and releases his own single. Once again, catchy but slightly inflammatory in suggesting sex with young children. "That's South Park," I thought, "always ready to push the boundaries of decency for better or worse".

Little did I know "What, what, what in the Butt" was actually a cover of a guy called Samwell. His video raises a number of questions in my mind which I struggle to answer. Watch it yourself and see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment