Monday 19 November 2012

X loves the I-Pad. A little TOO much.

So I've been laid low with gastric flu over the last few days..

Fever, stonking headache, bowels like roiling like steaming gravy. A real triple threat..

Anyway, X loves using my I-Pad. He enjoys watching Youtube where people play Mario themed games of every sort. Characters with names such as 'Chugga Conroy' and 'Nintendo Capri Sun'. Delightfully nerdy sorts with peppy personalities and a large following, you might now the sort. These people are like friends to him and he shares their nuggets of wisdom with us on a daily basis. Its pretty much most days that I will hear the words: "Alex, can I watch my videos on your I-Pad?". I didn't expect him to be asking at the moment I was chundering down the toilet though:

I charge past X on the stairs and mutter something like "Excuse me, I'm gonna be sick in the toilet" before slamming the door behind me.

X: 'Are you being sick in the toilet, Alex?'
Me: being sick in the toilet... [ I thought that was an obvious enough response for him]
X: 'Are you being sick in the toilet, Alex?'
Me: Yes.
X: [pause] 'Can I watch my videos on your I-Pad, Alex?'

The boy has a one track mind to marvel at. Even when you're crouched over the toilet...

No comments:

Post a Comment