Monday 27 May 2013

Goodbye Mancave! (for now)..

It hasn't blown away in a Midwestern tornado. It's just I don't get up there any more. My oasis of calm is now computer free (the trusty deskstop has given up the ghost despite my desperate ministrations) and a baby now sleeps at the foot of where the ladder ends up. The mancave lies quiet and unloved, empty save our trips to fetch X's old baby toys. One day soon I'll have to strap Diz to my back and we'll start visiting again.

So, I'm tapping these words looking out the front window listening to part of my battered CD collection. Trouble is most of my music went up in smoke when my PC did too. Thought it would be time to blow the dust of some of the remaining CD boxes and get listening again. 


In other news I've had a profitable evening matched betting with the CL final last night. After throwing a pile of cash at the online bookie offers I found an agreeable amount turned into profit! It tends to dry up a little over the summer as gambling tends to be more of a football fans game than anything else. I plan to draw a few more quid in over the next few months, take Diz on a magical mystery tour of our local bookmakers perhaps?

27th May - 'grrrrr'
Meanwhile, Diz continues with the cuteness. Working part time means we can share quality time and I can see her thrive and grow. The thing that really impresses me is, she's such a happy girl! Are all babies like this!? D seems to have a big grin for everyone which seems to thaw even the coldest of hearts. It's only when she sleeps, do I see her frowny, resting face.. Or when she's eating ice cream, where it's more reminiscent of a lion devouring an antelope (see above). 

No comments:

Post a Comment