Wednesday 27 November 2013

X's Lego Logic

"It's show and tell tomorrow" says X. He points at a large box. "Don't let me forget to take that in to school".

I ask what's inside. "It's Lego" X replies. It certainly is, two large sets with a retail value of about £200! I gape at the discovery and ask if it has been cleared by 'Mum'. It seems she was ok with the idea of X taking Lego in to show his buddies in class. Just two of probably most expensive sets you can buy right now! 

Had to leave it to E to break the bad news. Personally I can't fathom the logic involved in taking that much stuff into school. There are some things that trip your 'That's bloody stupid, don't do it' switch so you need to stand aside and let other heads prevail in the circumstances. X took the news with good grace apparently and took a much smaller container to showcase to his buddies in class. 

I've always thought I've got the workings of the child mind sussed out. But it's episodes like theses that make me realise otherwise. 

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment