Saturday 12 April 2014

Dizzy and That Ghastly Mouse

D's musical education continues...

She loves They Might Be Giants and their collaborations with Disney. Now if there's one thing I don't mind her watching on a Saturday morning it's Here Come The ABC's and The 123s.

Catchy, wholesome, yet quirky, stuff.

Ties in with Disney are another matter though. TMBG are deserving of taking a fat paycheck off Mickey and Co but the less exposure my daughter has to The Rat, the better. Trouble is, this is on her favourite DVD. Seventy seconds of dire saccharine which makes CeeBeebies look like Eastenders by comparison.

Is it just me or does any one else find Micky Mouse creepy? He sounds like he's on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

PS. I was going to attach a pic from Google Image search for 'Mickey Mouse creepy' and came up with this. Diz was resting on my shoulder so maybe she's been turned off Disney for good. I can only hope.

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment