Friday 5 September 2014

Go see the Luccombe Jam Man!





Ellen at rest in the woods on St Boniface down (above). The ground drops vertically about 100 feet down to the road from here. You wouldn't want to slip, I can tell you..

The Island has spoilt us with some late season sunshine. My tan has been resilient to stick around thus far which is a rare treat. On the subject of treats I'm off to Luccombe beach this afternoon, I will be picking up some goodies from the Jam Man en route.  Any self respecting human being needs to go past the Luccombe Jam Man's place, he sells his produce from an unguarded table chained to a lamp post near his back garden. I heartily recommend the Lemon Marmalade which sells for £2 a jar, he even provides a carrier bag for your convenience.. now that's service!


Could you imagine such a thing up London way? Someone what have the jam, table and chain away in hours flat, wouldn't they?

A.


No comments:

Post a Comment