Tuesday 26 April 2011

Easter weekend in Broadstairs

Over the Easter weekend we paid a visit to sunny, seaside Kent.

Broadstairs is a Victorian resort perched upon the north-easternmost point of the Kent coast. It's renowned as the home of Charles Dickens, blessed with wide sandy beaches and a genteel ambiance. We were fortunate enough to be X free for a bit and booked a couple of nights at a B&B in the centre of town.

Looking out the window as I type this, the sapphire blue skies are a distant memory now -the summer weather just did not let up! I'm sure we'll be looking back at Easter during a mild, wet July crying out for more of the same.

A cliffside cave carved out by the tides near the delightfully named 'Dumpton Gap'. Heh heh, the 15 year old in me got a good chuckle about that.

Sign for a childrens' club outside a Church in Broadstairs. A very thought provoking choice of name in my opinion.

Broadstairs seafront - like a Victorian Bondi Beach with even more pale English people

Samphire Hoe lighthouse - just outside of Dover.

The time away was just what I needed. It's great when you can just put pressing issues on hold for a couple of days and just live in the moment. I've returned to real life feeling refreshed, happy and ready to face what will be sent my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment