Tuesday 19 April 2011

Sunburn and a new sense of positivity

'He say.... YES!!!'

I love this time of year.

Everything still green and lustrous, the trees full of blossom. You start feeling the warmth of sunlight on your skin and sunrise doesn't wake you at 4am.. yet...

Sunburn doesn't strike yet, either. I can walk around for hours at a time (as I often do) with shoulders, neck and face unprotected. My vulnerable parts turn a lustrous raw umber instead of the midsummer burgundy tan I end up suffering. Still, a hat is de rigeur for those such as myself - time to dust off the Man From Del Monte panama for my travels.

In other news, I have a spring in my step which isn't entirely to do with the change of climate. E has had her tougher moments and was recommended an audiobook by Paul McKenna. Yes, that Paul McKenna, hypnotherapist and maker of spurious claims like 'I Can Make You Slim(!!!)', 'Change Your Life in 7 days(!!!!)' and 'Be Happy Forever (!!!!)' - maybe not the last of those titles, mind. To be honest, I wasn't convinced. But I gave it a listen anyway..

And, a week on after twice daily listenings with Mr M, I'm feeling pretty good. I've banished the negative inner voice which can sabotage your day and dealings and barely hear a peep from him. I awake in the morning with a sense of positivity and action which is remarkable. I can't rate it highly enough!

The effects might wear off in the longer term, I don't know. But in the meantime I reckon Horace was bang on.

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment