Thursday 27 October 2011

Babies and Umbrella Birds


We've been doing Baby recon today. After a downer of a morning, Ellen, X and myself paid a visit to Mothercare to look at a potential choice of wheels for Little One due in March.

I've always had the realisation that bringing life into the world is A Big Deal. I'm cool with it. Scared silly, but still cool with it. The choice of the right pram is a prime example - I originally thought 'if it's got good wheels and keeps yer baby safe it's good enough for me'. However I didnt consider, mobility, control, colour, adaptation and cou

ntless other qualities which need to be pondered.

If this spins me out, God knows what a choice of school will do!

Thankfully I'm going into this with a seasoned veteran. Ellen has the T-Shirt from bring Xander up. She's done a sterling job this far, so I guess I'm with excelle
nt company.

Anyway, being Half Term (I've been reacquainting myself with the school year - something you easily forget), we paid a visit to Oxford. You can sense the waves of energy and youthful idealism coming of the young people in the street, it's wonderful! They all look ready to take on the world and make it better - a feeling from my student years I w
istfully (if somewhat dimly) remember.

Amongst other sights we saw the Oxford Natural History Museum. Full of the usual dino bones and slightly more down home stuffed birds and beasts. My favourites of which were the tropical birds they have in a case close to the door - the hummingbirds, rollers and the remarkable looking umbrella bird - the undisputed Elvis of the bird world.

Uh-huh!

1 comment:

  1. Looking great work dear, I really appreciated to you on this quality work. Nice post!! these tips may help me for future.
    What Paperwork Do I Need to Sell My Car?

    ReplyDelete