Saturday 14 January 2012

Kim Jung Il and other things..

So we've been attending the NCT classes: a chance for expectant mothers to mingle and their partners to look awkward and confused.

To be honest, I feel I have acquitted myself pretty well. I'm finding the subject matter pretty interesting and I can answer some of the questions our tutor asks! In short, the other guys look like they'd rather be elsewhere - I'm actually enjoying it.

It helps that our tutor has some quite fascinating toys and props with which to learn us. My favourite so far is a laminated series of A4 cutaway drawings showing the final stages of delivery. Y'know the sort of thing, waters break, baby crowns, turns 90 degrees before fully emerging, followed by the placenta ejection to finish. We were charged in putting the pics in order on the carpet and stood over them after, admiring our work. The pic of the newly delivered baby was particularly oriental and wizened. As most babies are, I guess. However the babe who was staring up at me happened to be the doppleganger of ex Korean dictator Kim Jung Il! Just needed the sunglasses to complete the look, it was uncanny....


In other news, I've just turned 35. Bleh. No new age related observations for you right now. I've got other things to focus on in truth. My favourite present by a mile was from Xander, he gave me two packs of bacon. Yes, bacon! The salty gift which the whole family can enjoy! I thought I'd run out of things to marvel and be amused about, but such a distinctive gift has restored my faith in life.

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment