Sunday 16 September 2012

A visit to the New Forest with 'Uncle Andy'

That's X's 'Uncle Andy'. Not mine, before you get any ideas.

Autumn is starting to make its' presence felt. I still drink up the warmth of the sun when it hits my skin, but the shade feels cooler. The steady trickle of dead leaves falling from tree to ground gathers pace. It's amazing to think we're three quarters through yet another year.

For me this Summer has been a matter of taking stock. Little D is finding her way in the world and I've finally snagged a job I hope to really sink my teeth into. We have welcomed a few visitors this year, and I think 'Uncle Andy' from Chicago will probably be our last of 2012. Saturday just gone we visited the New Forest to show him the moors, the ponies and the River Avon.. which he promptly leapt into:


Here is my favourite pic of us mugging for the camera together with a cold and soggy looking Andy. He earns the title of  'Wild Man of the Avon' based on this image alone!






No comments:

Post a Comment