Wednesday 12 September 2012

Technical Difficulties: Part Deux

The Man Cave desktop is down again. Back to the angry budgie routine of last time around.

I plan to give it a few days off to convalesce, in the meantime I'll rattle a few words off at the table downstairs.

So, I've start my new job with the kiddies, and 10 hour days are as taxing as you'd imagine. Still, having a client base of the under fives has benefits which working alongside the grownups certainly doesnt. They do not grumble, backbite or bicker, or play passive-aggressive power games when they don't get what they want. Kids are genuine, unjaded young people and their enthusiasm can be infectious. They can make your day with a funny comment or an unpremeditated gesture of kindness.

On the downside, the little buggers get stroppy, have minimal attention spans and cannot always control their personal hygiene. When a preschooler announces he's filled his pants by walking around with them dropped down to his ankles.. it can be a shock!

In short, I'm loving it. I drag my sore muscles out the door at hometime flecked with paint but feeling like I've given my all.

No comments:

Post a Comment