Wednesday 31 October 2012

In these newly straitened times

.. you've gotta pay the bills in increasingly creative ways.

All my previous little indulgences seem like grand extravagances nowadays. For instance, when was the last time I had a night out? The idea of dropping fifty notes to cover expenses scares the cr*p out of me these days. As well as the fact I'd be slurring after three pints these days.. of course..

That's ones of the reasons I'm back on facebook. If I can't tolerate/sustain a social life like I used to, I reckon it can't hurt to start recirculating again. It'd be great to catch up with folks in real life too - and to those interested readers (you know who you are) I've been missing chatting and mean to flag you down in real life soon.

So anyway, back to creative financing. I've been contriving to make my money stretch that much further than it used to. Matched betting is still in full affect and I'm looking to make some tentative steps on eBay when the opportunity arises. Add a hearty dose of thrift and I'm almost in Little House on The Prairie mode. No trapping dinner or pickling what comes out of the garden yet, but 2012 has been a year with little spare money to put aside...

That's ok though. I take my pleasures where I can, I work hard - I aim to look after my folks as much as possible and have a beautiful new girl to dote over. By the way, I've entered D into The Sun's beautiful baby contest which will run in November - will update you with developments should they arise.

Anyway, that's your lot. Hope you're all doing well.

A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment