Tuesday 11 December 2012

Man Cave business from the dinner table..

As the Man Cave feels as welcoming as a bleak Scottish hillside right now, I've relocated.

I type this at the dining table in the front room. I need no scarf, I can't see my breath when I exhale so its' luxury in comparison.

As E and D are out today I have the chance to blog and get the Xmas cards out the way. Been listening to CDs again too, something I haven't really done for years. As a music beard stroker I wouldve loved E's music collection; Elvis Costello, OK-Go, Frank Black and loads of American bands I've never heard of who look like they have loads of cred. 

Makes me wince when I think about having the Rocky III soundtrack on my phone. Well, almost.

Anyway, we're preparing for Xmas, as I'm sure you are too. It's been manic with the arrival of little D this year so our efforts have been hampered somewhat. The old tree still sits boxed in the attic as it has been superceeded by a 3 foot wall mounted number instead!  X was writing out cards for his buddies the other week, acting like a de facto Santa Claus. In each envelope he dropped a chocolate coin, the size of which depended on whether each child had been 'naughty' or 'nice' that year.

As for X, he's been a good lad this year. He will make out like a bandit this year.. like he does every year.. Frankly, I worry where we will store his presents for Xmas 2012 though.. new wing of the house made out of lego perhaps? Just a thought.

Of course, as 2012 draws to a close there's (supposedly) something else ending. Those pesky Incas must've been having a laugh when they decided to end some of their calendars on 21/12/2012. If it does though, this could be my last post before being flooded/ having the poles reversed under me/ being blown off the ground by Planet X. Hardly something to linger on, right?  I wait the commercial cash in with interest, however.

Nonetheless it might be worth picking up some candles and filling the car up on Thursday 20th just in case - you can get my birthday present to me early too if you want!

At least the Shamen put a positive spin on it.

A.


No comments:

Post a Comment