Saturday 22 December 2012

So the end of the world came and went..

Boom!
.. and I'm sort of relieved!

Yesterday morning I heard some rumbling in the sky about 11.05am (the apocalypse coming a few minutes early perhaps?) but the rest of the day passed without incident. 

Maybe the Mayans just have much longer calendars than we do. Perhaps their 31st December only comes every 5,000 years on their calendars. Justification for a big fuss when the time does come, I guess...

Anyway, it seems I've been good this year and Santa has come early. Someone has unintentionally dropped a very chunky payment into my bank account just in time for Xmas. I did a very weary double take when my checking my bank balance when I clocked the "1" on my balance where usually there is a "0" instead. Ching! ching!    Unfortunately these things tend to get noticed, I'm sure someone will come asking for it back in January and it'd be a bit cheeky to say "no!". Still, I'll consider it a loan and use it for matched betting purposes in the meantime.

A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment