Tuesday 30 April 2013

5 years on..

X's dedication to me on a very special day

The Man Cave is out of commission now. As techno chirps that emanated from my PC have become pained shrieks, I type this at the kitchen table instead. Things have been incredibly busy of late, y'know birthdays, holidays, anniversaries and the like. It tends to put non-essential things on the back burner. At work we were filmed for a spectacularly awkward addition to the nursery website, click on the pictures on the bottom left hand side of this page and see for yourself. I have received polite comments but feel I look particularly frantic, which staff member looks the best in front of the camera? What do you think?

E and I have been together for 5 years now so I felt it was time to pop the question. As to whom is making an honest person out of whom, I'll leave that up to your judgement too!  When E reported how huge the bouquet of flowers I bought her was it felt like the omens were good and X had given his blessing too (see the picture above). Wedding Day is set for June 27th and preparations are in full swing. E is like a pitbull terrier with it's jaws clamped round a tennis ball, when she sets her mind to something she isn't prone to be discouraged. She has delegated the task of ring-finding to me, and spends her waking hours planning everything else.

In the meantime life swings into even fuller gear than before. On top of everything I now need to think about getting into shape for the Big Day (BD) - us blokes worry about that too, y'know! Months of fatherhood have taken their toll on my chiseled physique (ha!) and I feel alot doughier than used to be. The funny thing is, walking for hours on end to keep in trim no longer appeals to me. The alternative of a gymnasium full of Sky Sports screens isnt too appealing either. I (only half) joke with E about a wearing a corset for the BD, but it might come to that if Im not too careful.

D continues to grow in her charm and cheekiness. She berates passing dogs for scaring her brother and tries to put her hand in the toilet with equal cuteness. In fact, I reckon it was D who scored me the killer bouquet. She joined me at the florists and charmed the staff with her sweet ways. I've gotta look
Sleeping Beauty 27th April 2013
out for her when I'm taking a pee though, if she's nearby she looks up from the floor with a glint in her eye which says 'I'm going to put my hands in that water fountain too!'

When she's quiet you know there's trouble brewing...





No comments:

Post a Comment