Wednesday 17 April 2013

of Body fluids and Bitcoins (!?)

It seems my blog has become a log of parental musings and gross out tales of late.

And thats ok. No time to spare directing my energy anywhere else, I reckon. Diz has reached the age where we spend chasing her around the floor, clearing tables with a nonchalant sweep of her arm. Babies seem to be like that, dropping food with a flourish from their highchairs. Pocket sized chaos personified. Nursery next, I will be dropping her off tomorrow morning and look forward to see how she fares without Mummy and Daddy.

As you may know my other hobbies are sport and money. The former has given me a few quid in matched betting terms,  as the nice people of William Hill et al paid for my holiday and a new pair of trainers this month. The latter involves me checking out the financial pages and trying not to bore people when they ask my opinions on economics and gold. Precious metals have taken a real hammering recently - losing 10% in the last few days! The new thing people are buying up is called Bitcoin, which has been plastered across the clever press and media in the last month. Apparently BTC (as the computer nerds call it) is a 'cryptocurrency' which cannot be violated by the whims of The Man so keeps its value. Well thats the theory. It was at $15 in January, $266 in March and $70 right now so seems to be all over the place. I'm tempted to pick up a Bitcoin just for the hell of it. Will it be the new money we'll buy stuff on ebay with or will it be the next bubble? Will it be the next tulip perhaps?


No comments:

Post a Comment