Monday 7 July 2014

'Seventh... of the seventh...'

It's my friend Patch's birthday today. I was filling out some forms today and realised the date. The 7th of July. He would've been 37. He's been gone since the Spring but I'm realising he still has a warm place in my heart.

What would he be doing today? Some work in the garden is my guess, listening to the cricket. This would be followed by a piece of cake and a good cuppa. Patch had his problems, but also a love of the simpler things in life which I admire. I can just imagine him relishing the sunshine with tea by his side and rollie in his mouth.

Grief is a funny one. You don't know you're experiencing it till it creeps up on you unexpected. My was the seeping in variety this morning. Like damp in the bathroom walls..

Still, I'll be raising a glass to him tonight. Such a good hearted man deserves nothing less...

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment