Monday 21 July 2014

Help me rename my blog!

2 days till the end of term for X (?!)
4 days till my last day of work. (!!)
11 days till we move! (!!!!!)

All the stars seem to be in alignment now. I still cannot believe we'll be starting our new life in less than two weeks, and the prospect fills me with heady excitement. I can finally start visualising my future life whilst E has been planning hers for the last 12 months or so. I dream of finding time to do things again. To run, to read, to swim, to plant, to do my MB productively. It's obvious now that my life in London is all about damage control: lots of working, ensuring the kids are fed and watered and then collapsing on the couch at day's end. 

I hope this is a new start. I can clearly see myself reading a book on the decking in the garden. Or taking the kids hunting through rockpools on the beach. Or even (gasp!) cycling! I bought a bike many years ago which lies unloved in the greenhouse. To dust it down and oil it up for use would be the ultimate sign of a New Life. 

In other news I'm considering a blog rename. The Man Cave is being packed into boxes and will become a memory soon. So what handle should take its' place? I have some ideas but leave the door open for any motivated readers out there. I'll post an update closer to move day so have a good week!

A. 

1 comment: