Thursday 7 August 2014

We've arrived!!!

Boxes unpacked (mostly).  Order restored (tentatively). Internet ready (sporadically). I write this from our clifftop bedroom overlooking the sea. A few thin wisps of cloud overhead and a welcoming view of the channel below.

..It's truly lovely here...

There are differences I've noticed already between here and the mainland which give the place a sense of unreality in the most delightful sense:
  1. In the week we've been here the warm sunshine has been almost constant. I have a tan which throws my mahogany forearms and pasty white upper body into even starker contrast.
  2. You hear crickets instead of police sirens or mopeds outside at night.
  3. When an insect flies in through your window during the daytime, it's as likely to be a butterfly as a bluebottle or a wasp. 
 I started work at my new place on Monday and it has been a joy. 10 minute commute and Sandown beach a few minutes down the hill. I've had to forgo the £4 lunchtime frappucinos (which were getting addictive) but now have the seaside to go paddling in during my working week. My bank account will be weightier (hopefully), whilst my soul should be that much lighter.

Anyway, this is just a marker. Consider it day 6 (out of ???) of our new life. More adventures to come in the weeks, months and years to come.

A.




No comments:

Post a Comment