Wednesday 9 June 2010

A football related quick one..

Feeling guilty,

I haven't written here for ages, I know. Had plans to download many humourous pictures of X with anecdotes alongside. Seems that life got in the way. Sorry..

So whats new with me? Well, fair fortune has been smiling on me. My occasional flutter on the football has become a full on torrent of lucrative gambling success. During my constant search for ways of making a few extra quid, I came across the topcashback website, which in turn diverted to Paddy Power online. 'Bet a tenner, get 20 back' was the selling point and a couple of months ago, I was prepared to give it a try. Have always enjoyed checking out the form and one successful punt back in the day yielded enough 20 pound notes from the bookies that I couldnt shut my wallet! So, Ive been hooked ever since, and have enjoyed a long stream of luck. My online pot has now reached four figures (??!!), the prospect of which still stuns me.

It's been at a cost though. My mind has been full of football for the last couple of months now. The BBC videprinter has always close to hand and during a sunny Sunday afternoon I was glued to cricket updates on my phone whilst X paddled in a local outdoor swimming pool. Jeez, it's wonderful to cobble together a mental shopping list to spend the winnings on. But at the same time, it does your head in unlike anything else I've experienced in a while.

There is an end in sight to my football purgatory. After a flurry of group games where the footballing powers will prevail, it gets a bit more evenly contested in the knock out stages. I'll cash in my chips before then, and focus on spending my spoils.

It'll be nice to get my life back...

No comments:

Post a Comment