Wednesday 29 September 2010

A dilemma I have..

***Precious metals update.. Silver sails up towards $22 per ounce, Gold seemingly set above $1,300/oz. Things seem really cagey right now.. so I say again, get some if you can***

So me and Ellen are trying for a baby right now. My mind didn't even conceive parenthood a couple of years back, but now it's become a major foundation of my future plans. How much life can change, huh?

Anyway, gotta do my share. E is monitoring her diet and bodily state daily, and I made an appointment to get my swimmers tested. Seems a bit unfair, really. In the struggle for conception the woman has to check her cycle, diet, body temperature, and all that.. all the guy's gotta do is provide a sample of his goodies.

..and that a real burden.. right lads?

I paid a visit to the GP who was a girl about my age. She couldnt fully keep the smile off her face whilst detailing the donation procedure whilst I tried to remain neutral. However, I couldnt help but raise a bemused eyebrow a la Roger Moore as she reached the coup de grace.

  1. The clinic which receives samples is at Kingston Hospital and is open daily from 9-11.
  2. Those samples need to be under an hour old to give an accurate reading.

That leaves me with a problem. Putting it delicately, do I 'prepare' a sample before I go or generate one on site? The idea of sprinting for the bus with a cooling tube of my vitals does not appeal, so I'll probably need to pay a visit to the gents in the hospital instead (?!!) Now maybe its just me, but I was brought up thinking doing stuff like that is pretty seedy.. I'll need to get a long grey coat to look the part.. Will it set a precedent? I hope not. But if I get an urge to stick a coffee vending machine and MRSA posters into the bedroom, I just might start to worry...

No comments:

Post a Comment