Friday 10 September 2010

I miss my salad days..



Even if they weren't as salady as other peoples'.

Today is alot less debauched than it used to be. The sensory pleasures which my young work collegues talk of are a fond memory.

Dont get me wrong, I wouldnt have my life any other way right now. Its just sometimes my eyes go misty with the tales of swordsmanship and nights out that get told.

Working in our facilities team is a young lad called Joe. Charming and pleasant, he has a guy next door kind of vibe to him. In conversation with him recently, I discovered he is also in a purple patch with that ladies which he'll remember for the rest of his life! Ever have one of those moments, when you're bagging the ladies well out of your league? Joe is the Wayne Rooney of the romantic stakes and is scoring some stunners.

Red top talk aside, an afternoon chat with Joe made me think. He was showing the facebook pics of his latest honeys to me and Denis, a Ugandan father of four in his forties. We expressed our respect and admiration at the high quality ladies he'd been bedding (and I mean, lad's mag class) whilst he laughed awkwardly.

Good luck to him. He is 24 and should make the most out of him prime 'duelling' years (know what I mean? ha ha). Sometimes I still feel like I'm still in the middle of my twenties with a prodigious alcohol tolerance and a taste for night time antics. Hell, sometimes I even miss it. Reality kicks in when I do hit the town. It's loud, normally I'm standing and there is a faint tang of desperation in the air.

Can't wait to November, a social visit to Edinburgh is planned. Will be wonderful to hang out with dear old friends who I see too little of. My life consists of mainly parenthood and powerplates right now, along with attentions and creature comforts I've never come close to experiencing before. However, something I feel something has been lost.

So, no midlife crisis yet. But in the meantime a bender with the boys would be a treat

1 comment:

  1. Let's kick off Edinburgh in style - I'll buy the stergeron.

    ReplyDelete