Saturday 1 January 2011

If you haven't been wished already..

Happy New Year..

If you overindulged last night, I hope the hangovers and the fatigue are ebbing away. We awoke briefly with the fireworks and crashed back down again soon after. Had enough of end of year self abuse; crashing at 5am, waking at dawn on a friend's couch with a bad back. Leaving that to the folks who still want to do it.

I'm still going through the now annual tradition of receiving a drunken text message from someone who's number I don't recognise. 'Happy New Year, I Love You All' it said. Someone having a cracking night by the sounds of it.

I'm starting 2011 with a real sense of optimism. It's still hard at times, but I've got a fresh start as of today. Bade goodbye to my workmates of 4 and a half years yesterday, they were shocked and a little sad. I tried to restrain my happiness at my escape. When it comes down to it, was never made to be chained to a desk, staring at a computer screen whilst drinking cheap coffee. Will have the chance to see what I am made to do from now on.

During a lunchtime pannini and Juice with my friend Zoe she asked 'What do you think you'll be doing this time next year?' Pondering the answer to that thrills and terrifies me in equal measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment