Sunday 9 January 2011

New Year, and things are going ok..


The staff at the hotel we visited looked a little tired and worn out..

Me and my shadow..

What is it like for women going to a party and meeting someone wearing exactly the same outfit as them? I didn't know till last night - Jake turned up in a stripy number almost identical to my own!? We look a fine pair, don't we!

Anyway, a sense of normality is slowly starting to return. Made a rare social foray out for Olivia's birthday in Guildford, my first trip down that way for many months. We all had a great time, the drink flowed, conversation was audible (important for me these days) and I managed to catch the last train home too. It seemed that many were glad to see the back of 2010 and entered the New Year with a sense of optimism as do I. Some of my closest friends have had tough times, and some continue to. Being tied into my recent stresses and strains has made me oblivious to the struggles that other people go through and I feel guilty for that. Guilty for not even knowing about some of them. I hope happier and easier times come along soon.

Thankfully with the melting of the snow the three of us have managed some afternoon trips out and about, the last of which was a visit to Brighton pier to hit the arcades. The ghost train (or 'Horror Hotel' was a real pleasure, scared the bejeesus out of X who was totally speechless for about 60 seconds afterwards.

Things having such an affect on that garrulous and unflappable young man are few and far between..

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment