Monday 25 June 2012

When you start comparing your child to others..




In simplest terms, I'll admit to being the doting father. Hell, my little girl is cute.

It's only been four months, but already some of her personality is starting to shine through. I is a mellow, easy going child in temperament so different from other babies I see. We had the NCT meeting last weekend, it was a chance for the Mums to get swap stories and the Dads to how doting they were with their kids. Of the four babies on show there were two alert little girls, as cute as woodland animals from any Disney movie, little I and another girl who looked like a cross between Bob Hoskins and a Russian Mobster... yes a girl... she sounded like a raven too.. poor little thing. 

I find myself wondering: how will she compare to her peers at nursery age? Unlike her big bro who will take on the world head first (and probably beat it!), she is a delicate little flower who we'll need to support as much as we can. I've spent the last four years concerned about the mental well-being of X and now it's time to focus on my own daughter too. Let's face it, you give them all the love and happy times you can (X and I get plenty), what they do with it is up to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment