Tuesday 8 January 2013

Imagination is a funny thing...


Is it just me or does anyone else's imagination go to interesting locations whilst they go about their day?

Here's the latest example of mine doing what it [seemingly] does best: linking Argentinian tennis players to fantasy fiction.

"You wouldn't like me when I'm angry"
In my pursuit of a few quid to make life a little easier I follow the tennis. The mens' pro tennis website (atpworldtour.com) is a treasure trove of stats, articles and live feeds throughout the year. As a sports website, I reckon it is second to none. I was reading an article about Argentian top ten player Juan Martin Del Potro - he has a bit of Lou Ferrigno about him and a sprinkle of Roger Moore too. Anyway, yesterday I was checking out an article on the website. You can imagine the sort of thing, praising Del Po as the South American terminator with a tennis racket.. and he does look like a scary dude too. 

Funny thing was my imagination took a look at the second pic in the article and ran with the thought.. "He looks like an extra out of Lord of The Rings!" the little voice in my head said. I couldn't rest before dredging the depths of The Web to find something equally bulky and fearsome.

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment