Saturday 5 January 2013

Plans for 2013? Part one

So we got through the Season unscathed. I started writing this on Jan 2nd with a short pause before work awaits for me tomorrow. A short breathing space for reflection of 2012 and resolution for 2013.

I've never really made any pledges for January 1st in the past..other than chasing away my New Years hangovers during my partying days, that is! A proactive friend of mine suggested doing so this time around so  I'm tentatively submitting my own:

The kicker is, I'm just not that good a planner. I've read some of the books which tell you to set daily/weekly/monthly targets and the like, my resolve tends to crumble after a few weeks if I'm honest. The one thing I've really stuck to over the years is writing a blog, and I've being doing that for [gasp!] getting on for six and a half years! I hope that one day in the future that X and little D may find something of interest in what I've written - if the Interweb is still about in 50 years, that is! In the meantime I'll continue to muse about my daily life, upload pictures of my daughter and occasionally post about the little things in life that make me smile. 

"What about your resolutions?" I'm sure you're asking as you're dying to know. Well the first is to get back into shape again. In my fitness days I could wear a relatively tight top and not worry about having to hold my gut in [much]. I would run several times a week to gain that serotonin high; it's enough to make you want to take on the world I tell you. Come the end of 2012 and I've just seized up, I get aches where I never knew I had muscles and I'm wondering if Spanx do stuff for men (and bugger me, yes they do!).   

Anyway, that's your lot for the moment. A crying baby awaits...

HAppy New Year To All

A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment