Monday 1 July 2013

Wedding Day..or a new anniversary date not to forget!

Weybridge Register Office 27th June

We're back to a semblance of normality today. The presents are opened (your generosity simply humbles me, thank you), E stacks up the surnames on facebook (hopefully she'll stop now at 3!), the washing up left unloved in the sink begs for attention and eyes start turning towards work on Monday. This brings me to a few quick post wedding thoughts:

What a day! Much love and well wishing at the Register Office and the reception after. When the Registrar was doing her thing I could just feel the vibes of positivity coming off those gathered, it was almost tangible. To those who are unmarried, it's a mentally draining gig! I awoke only mildly hungover the morning after but spent the whole day feeling like a conversational vegetable. Heck, a few days on and  I still feel a bit funny.

Today meant a work day so I was hanging out with my kids - they behaved with a decorum I really didn't expect. No outbursts, histrionics, arguments, nothing! Their wedding present to me perhaps, who knows?? I have another week off (operation on Thursday) so hopefully life as usual will return at that point... albeit feeling like a branded bull that is!

Details to come next time,

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment