Sunday 6 October 2013

Halloween crafts and something sharp and pointy

Sunday evening, curled up on the couch with a drink. I have a few thought my weekend I'd like to share.

Diz has conjunctivitis. Have you seen conjunctivitis? It gunks up the eye with a bright yellow discharge and leaves the sufferer miserable. A gentle swipe to the eyelid will get a wince if you're lucky. D has been reacting in a much more emphatic manner.. poor little thing :(

While D and I visited her Nan today. X and E made their monthly pilgrimage to Legoland. The latter returned with yet another Lego set - spending must be well into four figures by now - his obsession knows no bounds. Still, a career in engineering may be the result, and that can't be all bad. Can it?

Life's little things give me pleasure nowadays. For instance, I was dead chuffed with my craft efforts at work. Collected autumn leaves when painted with white paint become, wait for it, Halloween ghosts! The kiddies painted their leaves (and themselves for that matter) white, black and several shades of grey on Thursday. Come tomorrow we'll draw jaunty little smiles on them and stick 'em on some haunted house type backdrop. Diz helped with the conker collecting, and I'll be skewering the little buggers later on this evening to make jewellery for the little ones next Thursday. 

Anyway, X has been safely stashed into bed now. We'll be watching some 'How I Met Your Mother' as I put some gaping holes into a bag of horse chestnuts. My life is about as rock n'roll as you can get... right? 

A.


No comments:

Post a Comment