Wednesday 2 October 2013

I love running...

After a few minutes of effort all the crud and cr*p in your brain just floats away. Apathy drifts. Ideas form. You just end up feeling positive and happy. Pity that my moments of clarity happen much less than they used to. With X and D around, you gotta have other priorities. Still, with the little bunnies distracted I get my needs sorted in different ways. As I'm writing this X is at school and Little D is down for her nap. I probably have a good 90 minutes to myself to deal with my list of Stuff That Needs Doing. Frankly, planning has never been a forte of mine - but as life gets more complex I always try harder. My 'organiser' (I use the term loosely) is a battered A4 hardback pad which I scribble my weekly tasks in. Social stuff, matched betting annotations, you know the sort of thing. I've never really made long term plans and I guess that's to my detriment. My friend S swears by goals and planning, and during a tipsy night out implored me to write down my goals. And I plan to, its been a week but I haven't got around to it yet. Classic procrastination I guess...

In Mancave News, the defunct PC has now been taken apart. Dusty and unloved, it now sits in a pile on my attic desk. It has been supplanted by my brand new Chromebook! Behold! It's sleek, easy to use anywhere, and doesn't sound like an extractor fan when I turn it on.. It positively purrs instead. Already X is intrigued, he has the freedom to use most electronic devices in our house and sidles up to me looking for a go. I feel I need to make a stand on this one. The little voice in the back of my head is saying 'You Can't Play With It. It's Mine.' Maybe that's a little too selfish, perhaps more subtlety is required. If I whack a great big chain and padlock on it, do you think he'd get the message??! 

Meanwhile Diz grows at an alarming rate. She is taking steps (tipsy looking and sporadic steps) and takes more of an interest in the world every day. She sings. And really loves to sing! It raises my spirits when I hear her carrying a tune, even though most of the time it's Cbeebies themes she wants to share. Catchy bloody compositions they are too, when you find yourself singing Mike The Knight all day you know you've got problems....

Anyway, that's enough for now. Time to squeeze in a little tidying before Her Ladyship awakes.

A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment