Wednesday 31 March 2010

Feeling glum today..

Writing down a few thoughts from work here,

Its so tedious at the moment as my muse is away. Been consoling myself by writing reviews on ciao.co.uk (will include a few more for your pleasure soon) and monitoring my financial status. Making plans to try to improve things further.

Ellen and I really are poles apart. She gets her pleasure from the creature comforts in life. Little treats give her enormous pleasure, be they chocolate or the latest episode of 'Brothers and Sisters'. I on the other hand seem to have an infatuation for financial security. There are considerable lengths that I can resort to in order to make or save a few quid. Its funny, being single, I never really thought about it. But Ellen has given me the insight to realise the way I am.
Some of this has been rubbing off on Xander too. He has seen my collection of silver and gold bullion 'my treasure' and now has a couple of pounds to call his own. Hopefully it won't become his raison d'etre but I guess sensible financial stewardship is a good habit to pick up from an early age, right? I look forward to discussing money matters with him at a later date... Sad but true I guess, need another hobby besides tracking the price of silver I reckon...


Have been doing little in the way of exercise in the last couple of weeks so feel very tetchy and pent up right now. The flood of serotonin after exercise will cure that, but a comment from one of visitors to the gym really stuck with me. She said 'you're used to speaking to children arent you?'. I've always been a bit sensitive to the way people regard me, but this has driven me into a bit of a mini crisis. Am I communicating with people on the same level as I do with Xander??? My dream would be to be a polished, confident communicator who can hold any audience in my thrall. If I'm talking to folks in the same way I do to the little dude in my life, there's problems!!

Anyway, if you two want to be thrifty like me (God help you!), check out the Topcashback website. You get free money back when you spend it, which is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment