Wednesday 25 June 2014

That home straight now...

Just one month at work to go through. Most people would be demob happy right now, but I'm drained, anxious and fundamentally un-relaxed. Working at my current place has broken my body clock for good I reckon. Even on a day off I'm awake at 6.30 or so, my senses seemingly flicked on like a switch. The morning commute is a joy as Bushy Park is beautiful and calm just before 7am on a sunny summer morning. I would love to park the car and go for a gentle stroll for an hour but I don't think the boss would approve!

Now the people I work with are the most professional and dedicated group I have ever had the privilege of being alongside. They have taught me alot. However I need to get a personal life back, I long to exercise again and to enjoy pursuits at a leisurely pace that normal people enjoy. Hard core professional people don't have much time for their families, to nurture them and help them grow and I fear being one of such a dedicated group. 

Still, I've got to plaster a smile on my face and get on with it. Despite the busy-ness and the dedicated-ness I will miss the kiddies I've grown to have a bond with. Soon though I'll be getting a new batch in much less strenuous circumstances. 

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment