Monday 7 March 2011

Awkward social moment that made me chuckle I

Still waking up at the crack of dawn. Damn.

Uncaffeinated interaction after about 4pm becomes difficult for this fact. Case in point yesterday afternoon.

As a treat, X got the visit to the local soft play area that he so craved. I was on guard duty as he threw himself around whilst E attended to domestic stuff. She returned after about 45 mins so I went to pick up some leaflets from the shiny new sports centre we were visiting. Not looking up, and with brochures in hand I returned to our table with a cursory "Here we go, darling!", eager to share the info I had gleaned.

At least I'd thought it was our table. I was leaning over an adjacent table, facing a bewildered middle aged man in a rugby shirt who looked like he'd just been propositioned! Laughing, I explained my error and moved onto the right table. His head dropped back down to his mobile phone which he regarded with even greater attention than before.

Judging by the rabbit in the headlights expression it looked like I terrified him. Hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment