Wednesday 2 March 2011

A visit into my former workplace..amongst other things..

So its March now, and the sun is starting to show itself..

I can't believe we're two months into the year, already! In the dark and the chill I found it difficult to retain a positive frame of mind. But now the sun is starting to peak out, you can't help but raise the spirits.

Ellen has taken her first tentative steps back to work, a couple of hours in the office today. I took the chance to join her on the bus to work, treating myself to a Big Breakfast en route. It was very odd to be in my old workplace. The place hasn't changed at all, some different coloured application forms in the postroom seemed to be the only difference. The bottom line is, I'm glad to have left. As a place to work it is comfortable and safe, but I could very easily see myself there for years to come, with only holidays to look forward to. Something had to give.

My buddies greeted me with a wistful warmth, but also a certain envy at my escape. Ellen says I was enquired about with interest - makes me feel guilty as I haven't given much thought to the majority of my former peers. As she says, they miss me. It's shameful to say, I don't really miss them though.

In other news, after February indulgences I'm back to being active again. My Fitbug is a godsend, it sets me daily activity targets which so far I've been sticking to, and keeps my guilt of sloth at bay. One of my winsome office buddies raves about pilates so I'm just lodging my order of a DVD for Ellen and myself to try whilst writing this.

I await how that turns out with considerable interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment